Sfoungato recipe is a very easy to cook one. This ragout is also high in protein. Preparation time is 50 minutes.
2 medium onions
4 big tomatoes
100 g greens of any kind at your choice
spices at taste
- Wash the zucchinis and slice into dices or wedges at your choice.
- Peel the onion and slice into thin rings.
- Prepare the tomatoes by putting them into boiling water for 2 minutes. That will help you to peel them. Slice the tomatoes into dices after that.
- Put the zucchinis and onion in a hot pan, add olive oil and fry on a medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and your favourite spices to the frying pan. Braise the ragout on a medium heat until less liquid consistency.
- Cover the vegetables with whipped eggs.
- There are two options for the next step: you could leave Sfoungato on the stove for extra 5 minutes or put it in the oven until golden brown.
I like this ragout to be put in the oven, but if you don’t have time or don’t want to wash a lot of dirty dishes after that, you can leave it on the stove. It will taste delicious anyway!
Dress with a lot of any fresh greens before serving. By the way Sfoungato could be served hot as well as cold. This dish is good both for breakfast, main course or even as an appetizer.